Packed full of veges and gut lovin’ probiotics, this ‘Vege Quiche with Kefir’ is the perfect recipe for an extra tasty lunch this week!
This recipe uses our Natural Kefir, which we refer to as ‘the super yoghurt’. No added sugar, a source of protein, and containing 13 active culture strains, it’s no wonder we call it that *wink*
Alrighty, you’ll need…
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into bite size cubes
- 200g beetroot, peeled, cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 4 stalks of silverbeet, thoroughly washed, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup The Collective Kefir
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- Handful of parsley, chopped
Now you just need to…
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the butternut pumpkin and beetroot pieces in a single layer on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes until tender and reserve.
- While vegetables are cooking, grease a 28cm round pie dish with butter or cooking oil spray.
- In a large measuring jug or bowl with spout, whisk the eggs until smooth. Add kefir, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Stack and fold the puff pastry sheets together. Use a rolling pin to rolle out the pastry roll to a circle that is larger than your pie dish. Carefully finese the pastry into the pie dish, so that the pastry sits flat on the base, up the sides and over the edges. Trim any excess pastry with a sharp knife to tidy up the edges.
- Arrange the silverbeet in a single layer into the pie dish followed by the rest of the vegetables. Pour egg and kefir mixture over top and sprinkle with grated cheese and parsley.
- Bake at 200°C at 45 minutes until quiche is set. Allow to cool for 10 minutes befor slicing and serving.
- Enjoy hot or cold.