herbed turkish eggs with labneh10.09.21
Looking for something a li’l different for lunch? Try these ‘Herbed Turkish Eggs with Labneh and Chickpeas in Lemon, Chilli and Avocado Oil’ *drool*
This recipe uses our thick ‘n’ cream Greek yoghurt, which can be used for baking, cooking and everything in-between.
Alrighty, you’ll need…
- 2 cups The Collective Just Greek Yoghurt
- 4 eggs
- 1x400g can chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- Zest and juice 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- ¼-½ tsp chilli flakes (depending on desired level of heat)
- ½ tsp salt
- Generous season of pepper
Now you just need to…
- To make the labneh, place yoghurt in a muslin-lined sieve over a bowl and strain overnight. Discard the liquid – the thickened yoghurt is your labneh.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Create a whirlpool in the water using a spoon, and drop one egg into it. Repeat with remaining eggs. Cover saucepan with a lid, turn off the heat and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss chickpeas with avocado oil, lemon zest and juice parsley, chilli flakes, salt and pepper to combine.
- To serve, dollop labneh onto serving plates/bowls. Place poached eggs on top, then spoon over the chickpeas and liquid.
- Serve immediately on four plates, with flatbread and condiments of choice.