Lookin’ for a gut lovin’ treat? Treat your sweet tooth with this amazing ‘Vanilla Kefir Custard Tarts’ recipe *drool*.
Alrighty, you’ll need…
- 1/3 cup The Collective Vanilla Bean Kefir
- 1/3 cup full cream
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon cornflower
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
Now you just need to…
- Preheat oven to 210°C and spray a muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Once pastry has softened enough to be pliable, use a 10cm round cookie cutter to cut out 4 puff pastry rounds. Fit these into the muffin tray. Ball up the remaining pastry and use a roll pin to roll flat to the same thickness as the original sheet. Cut out 2 more puff pastry rounds and fit into the muffin tray for a total of 6 tart cases.
- Place all the remaining ingredients into a bowl and beat/whisk until smooth. Strain mixture into a pouring jug.
- Carefully pour the custard into the pastry cases.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 210°C. Turn off oven and slightly open the oven door. Keep the oven door ajar for 15 minutes to allow the tarts to cool down slowly. Optional: Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.